www.FTLGhosts.com

 photo ShowerHaunted12PixJMC.jpg

Friday, September 11, 2009

Blog #6 Ghosts of September 11th


September 11th is a special day for me because it is my birthday. I should say “was” my birthday, it’s now a day of mourning and find it difficult to celebrate because of the gloom in the air. Even after 8 years, this cloud over 9/11 still lingers on. Memories of that day in September 11th 2001 come back to haunt me, every birthday. Here is what happened 8 years ago for me.


It was my day off so I woke up at 8 a.m. to a beautiful sunny day and walked my dogs (who are no longer with me now, they past). As I got back home and released my dogs from their harness, I turned the TV on to see “Regis” but instead of the show, I got this emergency broadcast about a fire that was at the pentagon, then it broke to a fire at the World Trade Center. As the news dripped into a terrorist attack, instead of fires, the second plane was seen crashing into the Twin Towers. I immediately called my brother who normally would go into NYC. I got no reply, just a service message saying that my call could not be reached at this time, call back later. I got frantic, and called my father. He told me he was trying to call Frankie as well. So, we were all in a panic.


I was to go to “Whitehall”, which is the old residence of Henry Flagler in Palm Beach to investigate and interview the workers about ghosts in this beautiful museum. I called them, and they told me that they will be open, but don’t know when they would close due to state of emergency. They told me I might not be able to bring in some of my equipment in fear of me being a terrorist. I assured them I wasn’t, but I couldn’t blame anyone at that time, now that I reflect on it.



Called my brother again, on the road to Whitehall…. No reply. I got my camera, EMF detector and video camera and noticed the eerie feeling and heard nothing. Yes, I heard nothing, no planes, helicopters or the sound of people. The streets became bare of human life as everyone started to shut down their operations for the day early. I finished the investigation and Timmy (partner in life) was driving us home. I scanned the horizon for signs of planes or anything flying…..Nothing.


We got home around 3 p.m., when I received a message from my brother telling me he was unable to get into the city because he woke up late. By the time he got to the train station in Jamaica Queens, they were telling people to go back home. The city was closed. Thank god, I thought, for my brother not being able to get into the city. He did say he had an appointment at one of the towers and by the grace of god, his alarm didn’t go off. My relief was only short, to find out thousands of people have died on my birthday.



I would like to remember those who died on September 11th, 2001 and pray for their souls to be put at rest. We will only be able to tell, when the new structure at the World Trade Center is finalized if it becomes haunted by the spirits that never got a chance to say good bye. God bless their souls and the people they left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment